- Référence : SRH05186
- Statut : Salarié
- Poste : Missions
- Domaine de compétence : Logistique
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
- Pays : Nigéria
About the Mission
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, since more than40 years, has been providing assistance topopulations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their basic needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams– 2500 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at HQ, and a few volunteers - intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms.
The current political and military crisis has affected millions of lives in Nigeria and SI is answering the needs of displaced populations and host communities in Borno State. The targeted areas of intervention are WASH, shelter, logistics, food security and livelihood. Seven programs are currently running:
- Multi-sectorial project over 3 years in Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa
- Logistic Platform project funded by WFP in Monguno
- Emergency WASH and Shelter response funded by OFDA in Maiduguri, Monguno, Dikwa, Ngala
- Emergency WASH in Health funded by ECHO Maiduguri and Monguno
- Emergency WASH funded by ECHO in, Monguno and Dikwa
- WASH response for vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Dikwa funded by CDC
- Emergency WASH response for new onset manmade disaster in Ngala funded by NHF
This mission has potential to continue developing relevant and mandate-based interventions to cover the needs in the area and to ensure humanitarian impact. The teams are well staffed with very diverse profiles.
- Mission: size, bases, budget, number of expatriates and national staffs.
Key numbers and information about the mission:
- 2 bases:
- Northwest (GUSAU)
- Subbase Anka.
- Northeast (Maiduguri)
- 3 subbases: Monguno, Dikwa and Ngala.
- Coordination Office in Maiduguri.
- Liaison office in Abuja.
- The number of expatriates is around 15.
- The national staff are approximately 150.
- The total budget of the mission is around 8 million euros.
- Northwest (GUSAU)
About the job
The supply manager will implement and supervise all supplies operations for Northeast base.
He/she will organize and supervise, procurement, storage management and freight for all our operation in Borno states, in the frame and in accordance with SI processes and guidelines. He/she will manage the base Supply team.
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis for Borno state.
- Supervise the update of price lists and supplier files.
- Manage the Solidarités International purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and draft the contracts.
- Manage call for tenders.
- Supervise purchase activities, ensuring that SI processes, validation rules and procedures are observed.
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods.
- Ensure that purchase files are complete and archived in accordance with Solidarités International procedures.
- Monitor and lead the negotiations with suppliers.
Coordination Storage Management
- Select storage locations and ensure security of those premises.
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates.
- Ensure storage management procedures are followed. Ensure entry and exit of stock are monitored and documented.
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct.
- Supervise physical stock inventory.
- Supervise the reception of the materials.
- Organize, Supervise the freight from Maiduguri to SI subbases. Select the best transport mean, adapted to the freight and the security situation.
- Ensure necessary authorizations are obtained.
Human Resource Management
- Supervise the base supply team.
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the base supply team.
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals.
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists.
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator.
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports.
- Pass on purchasing reports for closed programs to the coordinators at the established frequency.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Empower the inter-department communication (with program, finance, logistics….) at the base level to generate/increase global understanding of the mission and of challenges in the different departments.
- The remote management affects the management capacity and capacity building, limited presence in the field.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Build up the team after recent restructuration and empower interdepartmental workflow.
Education background in Management, Logistics, Supply chain…
- Professional experience: 12 months of experience in similar position.
- experience in remote management would be an asset.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Management skills.
- Previous experience with SI is a strong asset.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Previous experience in remote management and team setup.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of general logistics management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of link software will be a strong asset.
Soft skills and spirit
- Autonomy and flexibility.
- Stress management skills: the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads.
- Team player, capacity to give a positive dynamic to a young team whilst being fully part of the base’s management team.
- Fully fluent English: speaking, reading, and writing skills.
SI will offer you
A salaried position:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD.
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break after every two months spent on the mission, with a break allowance of 850 USD allocated by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Living conditions and security:
Living conditions are quite good in Maiduguri, despite the security restrictions. Electricity is available at the office and at the GH (except a small period during the night), communication and internet are available, either on the SI provided network or the 4G network. All essential good (food, hygiene etc..) can be bought locally in the small shops around the office, or in the pre-validated supermarket. There is a dense social life in Maiduguri (until the curfew hour) and visit to other NGOs are possible, as well as some pre-validated places.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, please send us your CV and cover letter!
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
SolidaritésInternational reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about SolidaritésInternational: www.solidarites.orgRetour