- Référence : SRH03602
- Domaine de compétence : Autres
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Bangladesh
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission ...
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI supports displaced people and affected communities immediately after a disaster through the distribution of various kits, cash for work, emergency access to safe drinking water) and in the early recovery phase by livelihood activities, reconstruction of dwellings, etc. SI’s programs build the communities resilience towards future hazard events, this includes how to evacuate people and possessions as soon as possible, how to protect villages and fields by building small-scale infrastructures (dykes, causeways), and how to incorporate adaptive coping strategies for farmers by establishing agricultural practices and livelihoods that are less vulnerable to natural disasters. Furthermore, SI’s 2019 strategy has three pronged approach focusing on:
- Strengthening Communities through Resilience and Basic Services;
- Strengthening Communities ability to Access Resources;
- Reducing Marginalization through Inclusive Programming;
About the job...
The MEAL manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals.
He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Personnel management
- Reporting / communication / representation
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: Direct assistants
Functional manager: MEAL coordinator
Mains challenges for the position:
The position is based on SI’s Teknaf base: a large volume of operations in a vast implementation area, 4 Project Managers, 8 Activity Managers, multiple grants, a significant base budget, more than 200 staffs and a very important challenges on external coordination/representation and activities implementation.
We are looking for a very dynamic person, good for information management, experienced in MEAL sector, who wants to take an important challenge in management and refocus of the team and the department at the base level.
Specific stakes and challenges :
- Large volume of operations in a relatively vast area with program management organized by zones
- Lack of structuration on Information Management system, which does not allow the efficient treatment of a vast amount of data
- Meal tools are not well exploited and integrated into program department
- Important capacity building/coaching role
- Lead the development and harmonization of new Information Management / database(s) systems in close liaison with consultant and base teams
- Capacity building of existing and potential new recruits in the team
- In link with the MEAL Coordinator, to design of base MEAL strategy
- Ensuring good communication and coordination with the other department (HR, finance and programs) in order to improve SI rules and processes respect.
Education: Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, quality control, humanitarian project management or in a similar field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in MEAL or Project management
- Proven experience in Information Management (database creation and management)
- Technical experience in mapping (QGIS) as strong added value
- Proven experience in capacity building of teams
- Experience in communities’ engagement and accountability mechanisms
- Previous experience in Bangladesh or Asian region is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge on project management and PCM tools
- Knowledge on data collection, sampling, mobile data collection (Kobo, XLS form) and data analysis
- Knowledge on database management (Excel, Access, SQL)
- Knowledge on mapping software (QGIS) as strong added value
- Training and capacity building skills
- MS office
- Excellent coaching skills
- Capacity to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong organization skills.
- Good writing/editing skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Other desirable qualities:
- Patience, persistence, pedagogic talent.
- Good relation skills
SI will offer you..
A salaried post: according to experience from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem of 450 USD.
Social and medical cover: International staffs benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Teknaf is a fisherman town counting more than 150,000 habitants and offering minimum services (local restaurants, local shops…) and nice beaches. It is located 2 hours from Cox’s Bazar city.
In Teknaf, International staffs are accommodated in a Guest House with good standard of living conditions and located close to the Office.
In Teknaf, International staffs can enjoy some time at the beach or in the market during week end. They also have the possibility to go to Cox’s Bazar city during weekends where they will find more social opportunities, in terms of wide range of restaurants, touristic attractions and a large International staffs community.
No remarkable security concerns.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehensionRetour