- Référence : SRH03497
- Domaine de compétence : Ressources Humaines
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Bangladesh
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission ...
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Dhaka with frequent field visits to bases
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL (SI) is a humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. Since 1980, the association has concentrated its action on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter.
SI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, just after cyclone SIDR had hit the country, implementing an emergency WASH response. In 2009, after the Cyclone Aila, SI provided a wash and shelter response adapted to the evolving needs of beneficiaries.
In 2017, SI implemented several emergency programs focused on emergency water supply and sanitation infrastructures, shelter and NFI kits distributions, Camp coordination and Management and protection.
Moreover, SI has a contingency preparedness plan to quickly and adequately respond to emergencies. Since March 2010, SI has been active in Cox’s Bazar district, one of the most vulnerable areas of Bangladesh in terms of water access.
SI operates through three core stages of intervention, rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency, early recovery/transitional periods and development. In line with the 2019/2020 country strategy, SI is focusing on four key strategic objectives:
- Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalisation through inclusive programming.
To this end, SI Bangladesh focuses the crux of its work on the WaSH, FSL and DRR sectors with a cross cutting them of integrated protection and resilience.
About the job
The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International Human Resources policy.
As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of, Solidarités International procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening.
He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to Human Resources.
- Analysis of the socio-economic context
- HR management of national employees
- Administrative management of international employees
- Team management
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager: Country Director
Line Report(s) on Base: Direct assistants
Functional Manager: HQ HR Manager
Functional Report(s): Whole of mission (except CD) for HR issues
In early 2018 the Admin department was split into an HR department and a Finance department, both at the coordination level and at the base level. Good progress has been made to establish these independent departments but still further progress/analysis needs to be undertaken to ensure an optimal setup. At the base level, a key component is the capacity building of the HR team to ensure they can properly manage the base needs with 230+ employees.
The main objectives of the position will also be:
- Identification and implementation of a Training and Induction Policy
- Revision of the Medical coverage for our national employees
- Ensuring the roll out of the new appraisal policy and improvement of the career development of our teams
- Implement a social dialogue policy
- Facilitate the recruitment of a new FSL team and base opening
- Capacity building of the HR department at coordination and base level
Education: Bachelor (or Master’s) Degree in Publication Administration or Human Resources Management.
- 3 years proven experience in a similar position in NGOs required
- Previous experience in a similar position with significant HR volume (+230 staff recommended)
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring
- Previous experience with SI would be an asset
- Previous experience in South East Asia would be an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Capacity to participate in the HR strategy design
- Administrative management (Payroll, labor law, contract management)
- HR management: HR Sizing, Recruitment processes, Performance Evaluation, Evolution and Career management, Training
- Reporting / Communication
- Team management
- Strong capacity building skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate HR policies to a wide range of employees with different levels of English comprehension.
- Capacity to facilitate inter-departmental communication
- Knowledge of HR software is an asset
- Donors rules : EUaid / ECHO / UNHCR / AGIR / DFID
Languages: Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
SI will offer you
A salaried post: according to experience from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem of 450 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Security context and living conditions:
The office and guesthouse in Dhaka, Cox and Teknaf are comfortable, well located in terms of security, adapted to SI team’s needs, and assuring to international staff the minimum standard in terms of privacy and comfort. The working environment is positive and the context, differently in each location, give some opportunities of social life.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehensionRetour