- Référence : SRH04206
- Statut : Salarié
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Domaine de compétence : Coordination régionale / Chef de mission
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
- Pays : Colombie
About the mission
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 5 months (renewable according to funds)
Location: Bucaramanga, Colombia
In Venezuela, people are faced with hyperinflation, struggle to find necessities, lack of medicines and access to medical services in addition to a rise in crime rates. Many Colombians, formerly settled in Venezuela have decided to go back home while many Venezuelans chose to migrate to major cities in Colombia or to transit through them during their journey to other countries in the region. They walk along the roads, often with no means or possessions. One of the main routes for those travelling to Bogotá or Medellín goes through Bucaramanga. Walkers called the Caminantes use this road every day.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is at the moment running or providing support to four shelters located at strategic points on the migration route in Santander and North Santander. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, in consortium with PREMIÈRE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE, is ensuring access to basic services for persons on the move using these shelters, with a particular focus on access to water, sanitation and hygiene (rehabilitations/construction for water supply, sanitation facilities, provision of hygiene items, etc.). We are also improving shelter infrastructure and delivering food assistance as well as healthcare and psychological support services through PREMIÈRE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is seeking to further develop this response in the coming months, through various fundings, and support new shelters, providing additional services, and proposing a daily transportation and shelter services for the most vulnerable and PWSN (People with Specific Needs) Caminantes.
About the job
The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director (CD) for a region of a country in which SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL intervenes. He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated. He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures. He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management. He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
List of main tasks:
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource management
- Human resource management
- Financial backer relations / search for funding
- Internal and external communication
The main challenges:
- Structuring a base and manage growth
- Atypical multi sectorial programming including a 7 days a week delivery of food and services in refugee shelters
- Complex external relation with local authorities, partners, national authorities, humanitarian coordination
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Launching a new activity and program of transportation
- Follow up, manage and support new teams and changes in set up
- Reinforce monitoring systems and controls
Education: Any generalist background with a high sensitivity on context analysis is welcome
- At least three years of experience as manager in humanitarian environments
- A significant experience of management, including of international staff is necessary
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation is a prerequisite
- Experience on security management is necessary
- Experience in Latin America is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge on project management and PCM
- Technical experience in WASH, food, hygiene or shelter is an asset
- Training and capacity building skills
- MS office
Languages: Spanish and English are mandatory
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI will offer you
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 2600 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by SOLIDARITÉS). To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
LIVING CONDITIONS: Expats are housed in a hotel (similar to a house) with very good housing conditions (each bedroom with a bathroom), outside area etc. Everything can be found in Colombia. The position will require regular travelling to Pamplona (4/6 hours of car) and sleeping in a hotel as this is the sub-base and close to many of SI’s activities.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/