- Référence : SRH04255
- Statut : Salarié
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Domaine de compétence : Logistique
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
- Pays : Colombie
ABOUT THE MISSION...
Desired start date: July 2021
Duration of the mission: around 11 months
Location: Latin America
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 39 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs - water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has started its activities in Latin America relatively recently. After several exploratory missions were carried out in 2019, missions were opened and progressively increased their scopes of intervention. They now include activities such as WASH in health facilities, schools and targeted rural or urban communities through the improvement of water services and hygiene practices. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL operated in Latin America within Consortiums with other French NGOs and some of its activities are implemented through local partners.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is looking for two Logistician/Administrator managers for two different locations in Latin America. Both positions are to be filled from around end of June beginning of July. One of the two positions will be in charge of opening a new base.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Logistician-Administrator will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base. He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL procedures. He/she will assist the base manager or the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules. The Logistician-Administrator also carries out administrative, accounting and financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL procedures. He/she supervises accounting operations and cash management, and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers. He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base. He/she supports monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Supply Management
- Vehicle Fleet Management
- Equipment/Telecommunications Management
- Administrative management of personnel
- Budgetary / financial monitoring
The main challenges:
For the position in charge of the opening of the new base:
- Recruit and train the local team
- Coaching and onboarding
- Ensure purchases for WASH equipment, developing strategic linkages with local providers
- Setting up procedures and processes
- Support the launching of a new program
- Find an office space and make it operational
- Operationalize the partnership with the different organizations
Specific skills and experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of field experience in logistics or administrative positions
- Experience working with local partners highly appreciated
- Previous experience of ECHO appreciated
- Previous experience in Latin America appreciated
- Relatively high level of autonomy, ability to handle balance between log-admin needs
- Creative and dynamic style of working, to set up a team in non-traditional humanitarian context
- Ability to build a structured working environment
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal Spanish and English
- Reactive, Flexible and resourceful
- Solution-oriented management
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked is granted.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
COVID 19 :
Solidarités International recommends vaccination against Covid-19, using WHO approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure in order to reduce the logistical constraints once on the ground.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Retour