- Référence : SRH04137
- Statut : Salarié
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Domaine de compétence : Coordination régionale / Chef de mission
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
- Pays : Liban
About the mission
Desired start date: 15/06/2021
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Lebanon hosts about 1.5 million Syrian refugees, mainly in its northern governorate (Akkar and Tripoli) and in the Bekaa Valley. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) has launched its operations in Lebanon in March 2013 in order to address the immediate needs of both Syrian refugees and Lebanese host families also affected by the crisis. SI in Lebanon has two operational bases (Tripoli and Zahle) and a coordination office in Beirut. The expatriate team consists of 18 staff members, while the national team represents about 170 staff members.
While contemplating to secure usual humanitarian interventions in core sectors of expertise (Wash and Shelter), the mission is also transitioning towards getting engaged in more structural and long-term recovery and development projects
SI’s types and content of programs on the North base:
- Emergency response: SI is the main emergency responder in the North and Akkar governorate. Prevention and response including distributions of COVID-19 kits, NFIs, Shelter kits, Cash.
- WASH in Informal settlements: Under UNICEF funding, since 2013, SI is implementing WASH project in Informal settlements in Akkar.
- Shelter: Under BPRM and in a consortium with Relief international and Himaya “local NGO”, SI is implementing Shelter for health and protection in the North and Akkar. SI is the consortium lead.
Under ECHO and in collaboration with the protection actors, SI is implementing the shelter for protection program in the North and Akkar.
- Disaster Risks Management: Under AFD and in consortium with Lebanese red cross, the French red cross and in collaboration with the DRMU, SI has just launched a 4 year’s disaster risk reduction project in Akkar.
- Mapping of informal settlements in the North and Akkar.
The North operations are done through Tripoli main base which is located in Minieh city and Halba subbase. There are 94 current staffs and 15 staffs to be recruited. Currently, there is 1 expatriate (logistics manager).
About the job
The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director for the North base of Lebanon where Solidarités International intervenes:
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Head of Mission's direct contact and representative.
The main challenges:
Context: Access is the biggest challenge with an expected complexification due to the COVID 19 restrictions and the deterioration of the economic situation in Lebanon.
Logistics: Given the large financial volume, procurement is a sensitive high-risk topic. The economic crisis and the scarcity of US dollars in the country make winning markets with iNGOs more attractive than ever.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Access: To work with the Country Director and the logistics department on the revision of the contractor selection and the impact on access
- Security: Revision of security pack and SOPs
- Human resource management: Together with the HR coo, to work on identifying the areas of capacity building and motivation for the staffs
- Team setup: The teams are growing, needs to revise the team’s structure
- Project implementation: make sure ongoing projects goes by plan, ensure smooth start of new projects (AFD, EU/MADAD) and contribute to the development of another multi sectorial and multiyear project (AFD)
Tripoli base being the most senior base for SI in Lebanon with low turnover rates, most of its staff are experienced with 6+ years in SI especially for the key positions (PMs and AMs). The field coordinator is the direct manager of 5 PMs, 1 Finance manager, 1 Logistic manager, 1 Security & Liaison manager and 1 Field coo assistant. In addition, there are 2 ongoing recruitment for 1 HR manager and 1 Infrastructure PM.
The Field co must have a real capacity to manage senior teams, to generate motivation in a formal and informal ways, to organize workshops and interdepartmental events.
Annual volume: 8-10 M Euros / year
Specific skills and experience:
- Post graduated diploma
- Previous experience as a Field Coordinator in similar set-up and NGO and with similar activity/budget volume (3 years minimum)
- Very good command of project management cycle is mandatory
- Proven expertise in Finance, HR and Logistics
- Understanding of the context in Lebanon
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively, leadership and management skills
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization and prioritization skills
- Patience, willingness to work under stress and under work pressure
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required
- Good command in Arabic and/or French an asset
SI will offer you
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2600 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 2860 euros gross per month)
and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The security in the North is quite calm nowadays. However, there is high potential of demonstrations and civil unrest due to the economic situation.
SI has a fully furnished guest house located in Tripoli city-Mina. The guest house is composed of 4 bedrooms. It takes 25 minutes by car from Tripoli to Minieh and 30 minutes from Minieh to Halba subbase. Electricity and internet are available 24hrs. The area is classified as one of the safest areas in Tripoli.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Retour