- Référence : SRH03725
- Domaine de compétence : Logistique
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Syrie
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission
Desired start date: February 2020
Duration of the mission: 6 months (with possible extension)
Location: based in Erbil or Northeast Syria
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
The Syria mission counts about 300 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 22 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
About the job
SI is looking for a Supply Coordinator, based in Northeast Syria.
SI has been expanding considerably its operations over the past few months in Northeast Syria, with interventions both emergency and rehabilitation-oriented. This has created considerable pressure over the mission’s logistics department and more precisely its supply capacities, leading to strengthen its overall structuration.
Logistics at base level has thus been reinforced with a split between operational logistics and supply, while the Supply Unit’s role & responsibilities have been redefined. The latter, based in Northeast Syria, has been created in late November 2018 to harmonize the logistics processes and frame the supply. Led by a Supply Coordinator and currently comprised of a Deputy, 2 Purchasers and a Contract Clerk, this unit is currently benefiting for an additional temporary support.
Placed under the line management of the Deputy Country Director for Support (based in Amman), and working in close collaboration with the Logistics Coordinator and the bases’ Supply Managers, this position is crucial for the mission’s capacity to delivery its assistance efficiently.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Operations NES and in liaison the Logistics Coordinator, the Supply Coordinator is the head of SI procurement centre for NES and as such carries out the supply management for the bases in North East Syria, in compliance with donor and SI procedures.
- He/she ensures the supply and delivery for the bases according to the requests received.
- He/she manages the supply department in order to ensure the smooth running of SI Supply operations and to facilitate the procurement treatment time for the NES activities.
- He/she is charged with ensuring that the SI and donors procedures are respected.
- He/she supports monitors and trains the members of his/her team.
- He/she is the Desk focal point regarding all procurement topics for NES.
The main challenges of the position are:
- The Supply Unit is still young, and its roles and responsibilities have been redefined recently. The Supply Coordinator will thus have to maintain the unit’s support role towards the bases, providing the adequate support (for call for tenders for instance), without taking their place
- Strong pressure (internal and external) for activity delivery at a fast pace, both due to size of the operation portfolio the and the limited visibility of the context
- Complex communication schemes due to the size of the mission and the integration of new positions not systematized in SI missions (including the Supply Coordinator itself)
- Bachelor degree in a field related to Logistics
- 3 years’ minimum experience required with a focus on the supply chain appreciated
- Previous experiences in the humanitarian field compulsory.
- Previous experience in the Middle East is highly appreciated.
- Autonomous, organize, ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills essential (Pack office, excel)
- Excellent (fluent) written skills in English
- Arabic knowledge highly desirable
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethos
SI will offer you
Solidarités International will offer you:
A salaried position: starting from 2640 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 700 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Living conditions :
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses.
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehensionRetour