- Référence : SRH03722
- Domaine de compétence : Ressources Humaines
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Syrie
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission
Desired start date: 15/02/2020
Duration of the mission: 3 - 6 months
Location: Erbil in Iraqi Kurdistan with regular field missions in NES
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
About the job
The NES HR Manager supports the HR Coordinator in defining and implementing the national HR policy for NES. He/she guarantees the correct implementation of HR and SI policy in NES. He/she ensures legal and administrative support to NES Bases for all HR related matters. He/she actively participates in implementing training and development programs for national staff.
The main challenges of the position are:
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the NES HR team (for Raqqa and Hassake/DEZ Bases)
- Manage the Deputy HR Managers
- If necessary, participate to the HR team recruitment and in recruiting Senior local staff (for all departments)
- Ensure training and Capacity Building of NES HR teams and implementation of staff promotions and in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility for NES HR teams
Implementation of the national HR policy
- Take part in the development of the national HR policy for NES
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policy in NES
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policy
Administrative management, Welfare and Social dialogue
- Ensure that archiving procedures for NES are complied-to and that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance reviews, contract amendments…)
- Review the monthly salaries and payroll prepared by NES HR teams through the monthly checking tool and process it for all NES Bases after validation by coordination
- Ensure compliance of the disciplinary procedures conducted in NES with Solidarites procedures and reports to coordination before decision.
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions in NES
- Ensure to propose and contribute to the organization of team events
- Ensure being focal point for the organization as part of social dialogue processes
- Bachelor / Master Degree in HR / business / administration
- Previous HR experience in the humanitarian or private sector
- Previous experience as a HR/Admin Manager
- Recruitment / selection processes
- Payroll process and Homere software would be an asset
- Training / Capacity building
- Rigorous / autonomous
- Ability to handle an important workload and to prioritize
SI will offer you
Solidarités International will offer you a salaried position including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly and a monthly per diem of 750 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Living conditions :
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses, which are spacious and very comfortable.
In Erbil, security situation is stable (no curfew), with possibilities to socialize due to the presence of other INGOS and places to socialize (bars, restaurants, etc).
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehensionRetour