- Référence : SRH03721
- Domaine de compétence : Gestion Administrative et financière
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Syrie
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission
Desired start date: 15/02/20
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Erbil in Iraqi Kurdistan with regular field missions in NES
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission has expanded through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. As a result, the operational volume has been growing extensively, so as the overall structure.
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 20 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
About the job
The NES Finance Manager will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the concerned NES base.
With the support of the Finance Coordinator, the NES Finance Manager is responsible for guaranteeing the financial balance of the base and for ensuring that all SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL procedures, donor procedures and all laws of the country in which SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is intervening are respected.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the NES financial teams
- Lead meetings for the NES financial teams
- Manage the Deputy Finance Managers
Financial, accounting and budgetary management
- Ensure proper consolidation of the base’s monthly closing
- Realize random checks of the accounts folders before they are sent to Coordination to guarantee their good quality
- Ensure that finance department calendar is respected
- With the help of the Finance Coordinator, prepare, monitor and revise the mission’s financial programming
- Supervise paper and digital record-keeping, as well as ensuring the security of administrative documents
Manage the cash flows between coordination and the base, and in coordination with the Erbil Admin Manager, ensure that NES Bases receive supplies and MTA (Money Transfer Agents) complete the required payments
- Post-graduate degree in business administration, Finance or Accounting, Logistics or HR or similar field
- Strong management skills;
- One previous experience as an Administrator or Finance manager ;
- Prior experience in remote management would be an asset;
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of accountancy / cash flow / cash management / HR management and administration / logistics management
- Desirable Finance software (Saga)
- Essential computer skills (Pack office, excel)
Soft skills and spirit:
- Strong capacity-building, management and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Excellent organizational skills and management
- Flexible and resourceful
- Fluent English
- Arabic will be an asset
SI will offer you
Solidarités International will offer you a salaried position including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly and a monthly per diem of 750 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Living conditions :
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses, which are spacious and very comfortable.
In Erbil, security situation is stable (no curfew), with possibilities to socialize due to the presence of other INGOS and places to socialize (bars, restaurants, etc).
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehensionRetour