- Référence : SRH03649
- Domaine de compétence : Coordination régionale / Chef de mission
- Poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Sud-Soudan
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
About the mission...
Country: South Sudan
Base: Malakal with frequent travel to Aburoc and in Upper Nile State
Duration: 4 months – renewable.
The civil armed conflict that broke out in South Sudan in mid‐December 2013 has burdened the country with a multi‐layered arrays of challenges. According to OCHA and UNHCR, in December 2018, over 4 million people were still forced to flee their homes due to insecurity, including 1.87 million IDPs and 2.27 million refugees still hosted in neighboring countries. The protracted nature of the conflict has considerably destroyed key basic infrastructures, and weakened livelihood opportunities, while eroding the coping capacities of the local communities. The population is also facing the impact of climate change, with alteration of usual rainfall patterns, leading to seasonal droughts and flooding, causing further displacements and contributing to resource‐based conflicts. Public health services are non existent and reproductive health and health indicators in the country are amongst the worst in the world.
Solidarités International in South Sudan:
SI has started to implement its humanitarian response in South Sudan in 2006. Its long lasting presence has contributed to build a wealth of experience in WASH and FSL assessments, implementation and accountability to beneficiaries. In December 2013, SI became a key WASH actor for IDPs in the PoC of Malakal and implemented construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, waste management and hygiene promotion activities. Following the displacement from Wau Shilluk, SI is also present in Aburoc since 2017 and was one of the very first actors on the ground to implement WaSH activities, and is currently the WaSH site focal point for the cluster.
About the job...
Reporting to the Country Director in Juba, the Field Coordinator oversees SI’s interventions in the area and as such his/her responsibilities include:
- Context and security management: Analyzing the context and overseeing the security of all staffs in collaboration with his/ her Head of mission.
- External representation: engage with the communities, partners, clusters, and all key stakeholders.
- Strategy and program’ implementation: Developing a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensuring its implementation once validated.
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of assistance, and that programs are carried out in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
- Mobilizing the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- Direct HR management of the program and support team.
- Oversee all aspects of base management; logistics, administration etc.
Budget: $850,000 (Funding by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs/CDC, RRF, UNICEF)
HR: 1 expatriate Program Manager and 8 national staffs.
The main stakes:
Ensure timely and quality humanitarian assistance is delivered through the on-going program while gaining in-depth knowledge of the unmet needs in the areas, to support the design of a relevant humanitarian response.
Contribute actively to the design of SI’s 2020 strategy including through leading multisectoral needs assessments, in order to design projects in new areas of intervention.
Direct management of the logistic and administrative staffs, to ensure the respect of the internal process and the accountability toward our donors.
- Previous experience in a similar position would be appreciated
- Experience in conducting needs assessments, designing strategies, writing project proposals and donor’s reporting
- Team management skills
- Logistic and administrative tasks management
- Security analysis, humanitarian access analysis is an asset
- Previous experience in South Sudan is an asset
- Ability to rapidly analyze a context and translate unmet needs and priorities into operational strategies
- Capacity to make decisions, influence and negotiate
- Strong coordination and representation skills
- Stress management skills
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Strong capacity of adaptation to stressful and basic living conditions
- Ability to adapt to basic accommodation conditions (container, tents).
- Fluent English – written and spoken
SI is looking for a dedicated and committed staff member, able to work in a remote and isolated location with limited access to services and basic living conditions; but willing 1/ to join a program with high humanitarian and life-saving impact and 2/ actively contribute to the strategic direction of SI’s mission in South Soudan.
Si will offer you...
- A salaried post: from 2860 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
- Per Diem of 700 USD per month
- R&R: 7 working days every 3 months with a 850 USD contribution by SI. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every month with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
- Social and medical cover: Insurance package including coverage of all healthcare expenditures (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
If you are committed, dedicated, solutions-oriented and willing to contribute to our programmes in South Sudan, we would be happy to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
For further information about Solidarités International, please check our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Retour