- Référence : SRH02907
- Type de poste : Missions à l'etranger
- Domaine de compétence : Ressources Humaines
- Statut : Salarié
- Pays : Bangladesh
- Type de contrat : Salarié - CDD
- Période de salaire : Mois
About the MISSION
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Dhaka with field visits
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
The frequency and impact of natural disasters, as well as the exposure of the country to climate change justifies the involvement of SI in Bangladesh, from a humanitarian point of view. The organization provides emergency response in the wake of natural disasters (cyclones, storms, floods, landslides) and slow onset disaster (waterlogging) in the South-West (Sathkira district) and humanitarian assistance to the communities in the South-East (Cox’s Bazar district) where a significant number of ethnic and religious minorities (especially Rohingya people) also residing amongst local communities, pressuring the natural resources as a result of the rapid population growth.
SI supports displaced people and affected communities immediately after a disaster through the distribution of various kits, cash for work, emergency access to safe drinking water) and in the early recovery phase by livelihood activities, reconstruction of dwellings, etc. The programs of SI teaches the communities how to become more resilient towards future hazard events this includes how to evacuate people and possessions as soon as possible, how to protect villages and fields by building small-scale infrastructures (dykes, causeways), and how to incorporate adaptive coping strategies for farmers by establishing agricultural practices and livelihoods that are less vulnerable to natural disasters.
Organization of the mission
SI in 2018 is currently implementing or launching 4 projects in different areas of intervention:
- In Dhaka: a WASH pilot project on water quality
- In Cox's Bazaar District: WASH, FSL and DRR programs , emergency projects in response to the new Rohingya influx fleeing persecutions in Myanmar .
- In Bandarban District: WASH, FSL and DRR programs
About the Job
The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International Human Resources policy.
As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of, Solidarités International procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening.
He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to Human Resources.
The main objectives of the post entail but are not limited to:
- Ensure the good implementation of the revised ISR
- Revision / updated HR guidelines and ensure a good implementation of them => training to admin base managers
- Implement severance new changes on Homere with HQ
- Training management & EAP (training, collect all EAPs and change band requests)
- Present Detachment policy to national staff
The HR coordinator will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission. He/she will have to work in close collaboration with the Administrative & Finance Coordinator.
The HR coordinator will coincide with a strong need for the mission to continue working on on-going policies and salary scale revision and make sure of proper implementation, support presentation and implementation of Internal Staff Regulation and SI procedures. Support the winter training plan execution. He/she will be assisted by a national staff dedicated to HR management at mission level.
Bac + 3 degree in Human Resources management.
- Previous experience in HR management (mandatory)
- Previous experience in HR internal audit (highly appreciated)
- Previous experience in NGO / humanitarian fields
- Previous experience in an unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country)
- Experience in trainings
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Solidarites’ rules and procedures would be appreciated
- Knowledge in HR, administrative and financial management
- Knowledge of donors financial reporting
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office package, Homere)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Good organization skills
- Good writing/editing skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take decisions and work in autonomy is essential;
- As functional manager, the candidate must display diplomatic and smooth leadership skills;
- An understanding of and commitment to SI’s mission and values;
- Good communication skills, with good written and spoken English
- Previous experience with SI (highly recommended)
- Previous experience in South Asia (recommended
SI will offer you
Salaried post: According to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 450 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: one week at three and nine months (with a 500 euro allowance) and two weeks at six months (with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités).
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Contact : Sebastiano SIRINGO, Recruitment & Follow Up OfficerRetour