- Job number: SRH04479
- Domaine de competence: Administrative and finance management
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Afghanistan
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: 01/01/2022
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Afghanistan (field base - to be identified)
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL was created in Afghanistan in 1980 at the time of Soviet Occupation and has been supporting Afghan people for 38 years. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL always maintains its presence in the country until 2018, without interruption covering a wide range of activities, (water, hygiene and sanitation / food security and livelihoods / shelter) for population affected by conflicts or natural disasters, from emergency response to development-oriented programs. The Organization has been working successively in almost all provinces of Afghanistan. In the past years activities were implemented in Wardak, Bamiyan, Khost, Paktika, Samangan, and Kunduz provinces. End of 2018 SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL had to leave the country due to lack of funding but continued to monitor the humanitarian situation in the country with the willingness to support vulnerable Afghan population. The evolution of the situation in the country, marked by a possible collapse of public services and a halt to certain development projects, as well as an aggravation of the impact of changing climatic conditions on rural populations, leads SI to reopen its mission in Kabul during the last quarter of 2021.
The programs are under development and are scheduled to begin in late 2021. A first axis aiming at bringing support to the population’s victims of the drought in already fragile zones like the province of Bamyan will be developed. The second axis should allow to support people living in precarious conditions (EG KIS or IDP settlements in Kabul or other provinces) and whose situation has been worsened by the recent events. This axis of intervention could be developed in Kabul, or in another province around Kabul. Finally, complementary assessments will be conducted at the end of 2021 in other provinces and the overall intervention strategy could be upgraded in the coming months
ABOUT THE JOB
The base Support Manager will implement and supervise all logistics and administrative operations at his/her assigned base. He supports monitors and trains the members of the base administrative and logistic teams. The Logistician-Administrator carries out administrative, accounting and cash management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures. He/she carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the program managers. He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base. He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures. He/she will assist the base manager or the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Recruitment / Induction and training of the base administrative and log Team
- Support the FC and PM for the recruitment of their respective teams
- Setting up of administrative and Logistic base office, participate to the premises identification and equipment procurement and contractualisation process.
- Ensure procurement of a car fleet Generator adapted to the base needs
- Participation in proposal drafting
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative and Logistic management for an international NGO
- Previous experience with SI and Knowledge of SI tools and processes would be likeable
- Previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country)
- Experience of team management
- Experience of HR and Finance and Log management
- Previous experience in Afghanistan would be an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Saga and Homer software
- Knowledge of Solidarites rules, tools and procedures
- Understanding, knowledges of Afghan cultural / religious codes and habits and capacity to adapt to this environment
- Training and capacity building skills
- MS office.
- Good analytical skills, ability to adapt
- Good communication and diplomatic skill
- Good organization skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure in a tense security environment.
Languages: English, knowledge of a local language would be an asset (Dari or Pashtu) .
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs in the Guest House and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked are granted.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Key information about living conditions
Living conditions are quite fair in Kabul, with possible access to all essential goods and services. It should be remembered that the consumption of alcohol is forbidden in Afghanistan. The security situation can be tense, and travel is sometimes restricted, but it is possible to have a social life.
Living conditions in the field are often harsher (limited access to electricity, harsher weather conditions, isolation, etc.) with paradoxically, depending on the area, less strict security conditions.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Back