- Job number: SRH03288
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Domaine de competence: Administrative and finance management
- Statut: Salarié
- Contract Type: Short term contract
- Country: Nigeria
About the mission in Nigeria
Desired start date: January 7th 2019
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Solidarités International started in Nigeria over the summer 2016 with a single project. Then, the mission has quickly expanded and SI is now a major WASH and shelter actor in the Borno State.
The current political and military crisis has affected millions of lives in the area and SI is answering the needs of displaced populations and host communities in Borno State. The targeted areas of intervention are WASH, shelter, logistics, food security and livelihood.
In Nigeria, we currently run seven programs as follow:
- Multi-sectorial project of 3 years in consortium with ALIMA in Monguno, Ngala and Askira/Uba
- Logistic Platform project in Monguno
- Emergency WASH and Shelter response in Monguno, Dikwa and Ngala
- Emergency WASH in Health project funded in partnership with ALIMA in Maiduguri, Monguno and Dikwa
- Integrated multi-sector lifesaving assistance to Conflict Affected Population in Maiduguri, Monguno and Dikwa
- Emergency WASH response for vulnerable IPDs and host communities in Dikwa
- Emergency WASH response for new onset manmade disaster Ngala LGA
The mission has potential to continue developing relevant and mandate-based interventions to cover the humanitarian needs in the area and to ensure a real humanitarian impact. The team is staffed with very diverse profiles (former SI, former national staffs from several SI missions, various backgrounds and technicalities). Overall, the atmosphere is very good, people get along well and they love to play volleyball on Sundays.
Here are the key numbers and information about the mission:
- 5 bases (Maiduguri, Abuja, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno) plus Coordination Office in Maiduguri.
- The number of expatriates is around 20
- The national staff are approximately 190
- The total budget of the mission is around 7,7 million euros
About the job...
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and with functional relations with the Finance and Human Resources Coordinator, the Administrative Manager will be in charge of the following tasks:
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Track the cost of living
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Manage his/her base's cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics officer and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative management of the base
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
- 2 years of professional humanitarian experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial reporting, accounting, budget follow up and HR management
- Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts and insecure environments
- Experience of team management and capacity building
- Good communication and diplomatic skills
- Good organizational skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Strong capacity to take initiatives
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read)
- Patience, autonomy, flexibility and the ability to adapt are indispensable skills.
- Good computer skills
SI will offer you ...
A salaried post: according to experience from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 euros base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs)
Living conditions :
The Base admin Manager lives in SI compound with the other international staff. He/she has private room and shares the bathroom and the kitchen.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/Back